Owners Brief Audit
Many building designs do not fully comply with the owners brief, in addition many building designs to not comply with building regulations. Checking these aspects of your project can be done but there are no industry standard methods describing how to carry it out or how audit the project to check for non-compliance. In many cases it is left to the contractor on site to ‘discover’ the design errors and commence a process of rectification, sometimes at great cost. Auditing design models and drawings to identify errors and clashes before construction is the preferred choice for international contractors to avoid construction delays and change orders. IDC can validate the owners brief against an existing design prior to or during construction to minimize cost overrun and delays.
- Building area, height or volume does not comply with the owners brief, the required building regulation standard or and industry standard. Reduced building area affects rental returns for the life of the building.
- Critical clearances for the building operation. Minimum door widths, corridor widths, ceiling heights. Minimum fire stair width and height clearance. Service truck driveway width and height, clear height of basement car parks, plus many more.
- IDC services: can validate the owners brief against an existing design prior to or during construction to minimize cost overrun and delays.
- Audit the design to check the owners brief against the consultant design.
- Extract area and volumetric schedules from the consultant design to cross check against required or expected sizes.
- Audit the consultant design against the owners BIM Execution Plan (BEP) to ensure the models have the correct level of content as per contract, that design clashes are resolved and the required level of asset information is included.